iSpot Community Background Image :: VOTE HERE NOW
iSpot Community Background Image :: VOTE HERE NOW - Southern Africa : . Images submitted for the new iSpot Community Background. These will be used for voting by all to select the Iconic image for the iSpot Community Background. Voting will open at 00h01 on Thursday 6 November and close at noon.
Images submitted for the new iSpot Community Background.
These will be used for voting by all to select the Iconic image for the iSpot Community Background.
Voting will open at 00h01 on Thursday 6 November and close at noon.
The requirements are:
• A minimum size of 2110 x 1160 (landscape)
• Please supply colour images. The final image will be converted to greyscale and set to a very low contrast to reduce the file size by as much as possible. We need as good an original image as possible so that we can work the file size down.
• We only need one image to represent Southern Africa so the image has to be iconic of a large area. Don’t worry too much about composition - we can always move a tree or add some sky.
• The final chosen image is considered a gift to iSpot and will become owned by the web site. We need to get some text from rights on this to clearly state the ownership aspect.
A limit of 3 submissions per user will apply. If not specified, the first three will be used.
Mockups of voted images at 10am visible here: http://www.ispot.org.za/iSpot%20Community%20Background%20Image%20Mockups
HOW TO VOTE!
Voting is open. Voting will take place from Midnight to Midday South African Time on Thursday 6 Nov.
Things to consider:
* the most seen parts of the images will be the left 1/5th and the right 1/3rd - so these need to be both interesting without being distracting.
* it will become a pale blue-grey background - it thus needs good contrast.
* it should be from southern Africa (so options 26 and 28 are disqualified).
* Anything else? Suggest it below!
* To cast your vote: please reply to the comment for the option, with the title/subject "my vote" or something appropriate. You may put anything in the body/comment/reply, including motivation or promotory material.
Note the voting forms are spread over several pages!* To see the option number for a picture, move your mouse over the picture.
* You are allowed one vote. if you post more than one vote, then your votes will be reduced proportionately to total one vote.
* Contributors may vote for their own contributions.
* The time stamp of your vote must be between 00h00 and 12h00 SA time.
The decision at 12noon will be final.
Further discussion is welcome, but will not affect the result. Should the top picture not prove suitable in the final preparatory stages, the next best will be chosen.
A TIE: Voting for only Option 7 or Option 22 will continue to 13h00.
Namaqualand gets the most votes. And has been sent to the team for processing.