joelmb20's picture

What's this mushroom please? Bolete of some sort?

Observed: 9th August 2013 By: joelmb20

This is growing in grass lawn not far from apple tree. Want to confirm it isn't poisonous to animals and most importantly humans as have very curious 2 year old.


Caution: Do NOT use iSpot to identify fungi to eat!

Some fungi are very poisonous so a mistaken ID could have serious consequences.

Species interactions

No interactions present.


marksteer's picture

Need photo underside to check

Need photo underside to check if Boletus but even then difficult to id species.
Looks like it is developing white mould - common on Boletus near me.
Unlikely to be poisonous to animals but with out positive id cannot be certain about humans especially 2 year old.

The more I know the more I realise I don't know