Caution: Do NOT use iSpot to identify fungi to eat!
Some fungi are very poisonous so a mistaken ID could have serious consequences.
No interactions present.
lovely example =)
All given ID's are subject to error/ommissions. Please seek independent verification before acting on ANY advice given. BE SAFE =)
Brilliant picture, i think that these fungi have a big root system and the red bit out of the ground is just the fruit of it. though im unsure.
You can eat it but it IS poisonous and could kill you. Psycoactive effects violent purging and then 12hours+ of 'tripping balls' NOT RECOMENDED!
The fly agaric may have been the earliest source of entheogens, that is hallucinogenic substances used for religious or shamanic purposes, the use of which date back possibly over 10,000 years.
Fly agaric contains two toxins, ibotenic acid and muscimol, which are responsible for its psychoactive and hallucinogenic effects. To minimise its toxic side effects fly agaric would be processed in some way eg. dried, made into a drink, smoked or made into ointments.
Lat/Lng: 50.7856615, -1.3542233
OS grid ref: SZ456986