KelsaeJohn's picture

Unknown mushroom

Observed: 21st October 2012 By: KelsaeJohnKelsaeJohn’s reputation in Fungi and LichensKelsaeJohn’s reputation in Fungi and Lichens
Unknown mushroom

Growing under a beech tree


Caution: Do NOT use iSpot to identify fungi to eat!

Some fungi are very poisonous so a mistaken ID could have serious consequences.

Species interactions

No interactions present.


miked's picture

might be brown roll-rim but

might be brown roll-rim but not confident, might also be lactarius or something else. did it produce any milk when you broke it

KelsaeJohn's picture


Sorry, I didn't break it or even touch it.

D.M.H.'s picture

Its perfectly safe to touch

Its perfectly safe to touch any mushroom or fungi if you remember to wash your hands before eating or placing fingers in mouth.

All given ID's are subject to error/ommissions. Please seek independent verification before acting on ANY advice given. BE SAFE =)