Upland wet heathland, Guisachan, near Cannich, Highlands Cut conifer tree stump with very gelatinous orange fungi on it.
Caution: Do NOT use iSpot to identify fungi to eat!
Some fungi are very poisonous so a mistaken ID could have serious consequences.
No interactions present.
Sorry. Couldn't resist.
I suspect this might not be a fungus at all, it might be exudates from the tree itself which sometimes happens when a tree has been cut down.
I agree with Miked, not convinced that is fungal or a slime mould.
Try Yeast? http://blog.mycology.cornell.edu/2010/04/30/tree-slime-stump-flux-and-mi...
The stump looks like it was cut a while ago and is well dried off/dead.
Lat/Lng: 57.26816, -4.79202
OS grid ref: NH317231