austinstoody's picture

Please Help to identify this bug.

I hope i can identify this bug to find out if it is harmful. Look into my only observation. Thank you
I have found a couple of them lyind dead in my apartment.




ophrys's picture


I think you should post this under the Invertebrates forum, if you have not done so already, then more experts will see it. Quite a weird creature, isn't it!


My Flickr photos...

kwalker's picture


Hi - What you have it a centipede called a Scutigeromorpha. I think the common name is Hairy House Centipede.

I suggest you do a Google Image search for Scutigeromorpha and see if these match your specimen. cheers Ken