my dad discovered these in my garden and we were both wondering what species they might be and whether they are safe to eat!
Caution: Do NOT use iSpot to identify fungi to eat!
Some fungi are very poisonous so a mistaken ID could have serious consequences.
No interactions present.
There are people on this and other sites that know little more than you but are encouraged to make suggested identifications(this is in no way aimed at Martincito). This is in part what this site is about but it is a very good reason for not accepting an identification as a go-ahead to eat. It is often difficult to come up with an identification when you have the fungi in your hand but from a photo is even more pot luck.
In your case I would agree with Martincito that it is an Agaric. The good news is that no Agarics would kill you but some would give you a nasty stomach upset.
Or to put it another way: Caution: Do NOT use iSpot to identify fungi to eat! Some fungi are very poisonous so a mistaken ID could have serious consequences.
See this link for a relevant tale: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1308997/The-deadly-dish-poison...
Very true, fungi are incredibly difficult to id, I do wonder these days if my father actually knew about yellow stainers when we used to pick field mushrooms (Agaricus campestris) which these do indeed look like.
Lat/Lng: 52.2053, 0.1218
OS grid ref: TL450584