bogdanovich's picture

Is it edible?

Observed: 24th February 2011 By: bogdanovich

A clump of mushrooms/toadstools growing on an old compost heap. I have in the past attempted to grow oyster mushrooms near hear without success on a tree stump. The top has a slightly redish brown colouring fading to white at the edges.


Caution: Do NOT use iSpot to identify fungi to eat!

Some fungi are very poisonous so a mistaken ID could have serious consequences.

Species interactions

No interactions present.


flaxton's picture

A spore print would help.

A spore print would help.

NickofNorfolk's picture

Fungi id

Would recommend that everyone always take great caution when identifying any fungi that they wish to eat