Not sure if this is wild or naturalised in the woods where it grows. 'Looks' wild growing among Comfry and Teasel
No interactions present.
This is extremely posionous,especially the root's, I have had rather bad rashes and blisters from the stems when working with the cultivated type.
Thanks for the advise.
Please see my Flickr photo's www.flickr.com/photos/129804972@N07/
Just to add. Extremely toxic. One of the most dangerous plants known to man.
Wear gloves when handling. Contains Aconitine.
You would have thought the authors of the book would have informed the reader of its toxicity. It does so for other poisonous species such as Hemlock
This is the garden form of Aconitum napellus, derived from the true native race but differing in flower colour and other characters.
(More often, garden plants are the hybrid with A. variegatum, but this appears to be the true species.)
BTW, agree about the poisonous nature. I have a research interest in this group and I always take care not to get the juice on me, and wash my hands after handling them.
It has a toxic lable on it now in garden center's, it is the whole plant that is toxic,I have heard the roots are worse.
Lat/Lng: 53.6479, -1.253
OS grid ref: SE494170