- Explore community
Here is an introduction to iSpot and what you can do on the site. Click on the links below to read more.
These Help pages are currently being updated to match the new version of iSpot (at August 2014) - please bear with us while the changes take place!
What is iSpot?
- So what's it all about?
- Wildlife recording schemes and societies represented on iSpot for UK and Ireland
- Wildlife recording schemes and societies represented on iSpot for southern Africa
- Species dictionaries used on iSpot
The new iSpot from August 2014
- Where to find things - summary of the new menu headings
- NEW - Projects on iSpot - now with video guide added
- How to use the settings on your Profile Page
How to use iSpot
How to register on iSpot
How to add an observation
- Adding observations to iSpot
- Adding species names to identifications
- Identifications and agreements - iSpot etiquette!
- Can you help us identify wildlife?
- Using maps and filters to customise iSpot
- Using your "Changes" section
- How to link your existing iSpot user name to an Open University user name (OUCU)
- Exploring iSpot
- Badges on iSpot - How to request a 'badge' for your recording scheme or society
- Reputation on iSpot
- Species interactions - how to add and link observations of two species interacting
- The Species browser
- Using the taxonomic hierarchy ('tree of life')
- How to take part in the iSpot quizzes
- Using iSpot to showcase observations from UK bioblitz events
- iSpot communities